Counted Blessings Project

This is where I will chronicle my progress in the Counting My Blessings (a group stitch along project). We will all be embroidering 100 one inch squares with examples of how we are blessed. When trying to figure out a name for this blog I came across the Cherokee Blessing which is under my blog title. I thought is was so beautiful and since my husband and our son are part Cherokee and I count them both as the blessings I am most grateful for it seemed natural. I am new at embroidery and excited to see how it all unfolds!

Thursday, April 22, 2010


I was at Hobby Lobby this week and found the most beautiful carmel colored linen on sale for 50% off. I purchased a yard thinking I could make a few nice kitchen towels and embroider them with the new Sublime Stitching kitchen transfers that showed up this week :). But the linen is telling me it wants to be used in this project and not cleaning up dirty counters, and so it will be.

1 comment:

  1. And when the linens speak, it's only right to respect their wishes! (0; Well.. Actually, I used to hear my homemade crochet dishcloths say similar things to me, but I persuaded them that washing my dishes was a perfectly respectable purpose, and we've been working well together ever since! (ha! ha!) I made a trip out yesterday, to get aida cloth for my project, so I hope that works well enough. I'm really looking forward to getting started. I've been so busy today, cleaning 'round the house, AND setting up my new blessings blog.. Soon, I'll have to make dinner, so I'm hoping MAYBE I can start at least drawing out my squares by later tonight. Nice to meet you! ~tina

    ReplyDelete