Counted Blessings Project

This is where I will chronicle my progress in the Counting My Blessings (a group stitch along project). We will all be embroidering 100 one inch squares with examples of how we are blessed. When trying to figure out a name for this blog I came across the Cherokee Blessing which is under my blog title. I thought is was so beautiful and since my husband and our son are part Cherokee and I count them both as the blessings I am most grateful for it seemed natural. I am new at embroidery and excited to see how it all unfolds!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

4- Wedding Date

This is the date my husband and I were married. Don't ask me why anyone would get married in the dead of February and not even on Valentines day. The only thing I remember about the date was that once he asked me to marry him I booked the church as soon as it was available just in case he changed his mind! We went to Nashville on our honeymoon because we were broke and a client of mine was a big wig at Opryland Corp so he gave us a nice suite for several days. It was sleeting and raining and we couldn't go anyplace......ahhh but we were in love so didn't seem to care :)

1 comment:

  1. i wanted a winter wedding and th only time we had time was during Christmas vacation . . so we got married on Dec. 23. The hubby had to be at work on Monday so we went to the next town over for the night. Both of us were coughing and hacking like there was no tomorrow . . but, as you said, we were in love and it didn't matter! LOLOL

    LOVE your square.

    \0/ paula

    ReplyDelete