Counted Blessings Project

This is where I will chronicle my progress in the Counting My Blessings (a group stitch along project). We will all be embroidering 100 one inch squares with examples of how we are blessed. When trying to figure out a name for this blog I came across the Cherokee Blessing which is under my blog title. I thought is was so beautiful and since my husband and our son are part Cherokee and I count them both as the blessings I am most grateful for it seemed natural. I am new at embroidery and excited to see how it all unfolds!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2-RWH

My second blessing represents my husband. I put his initials and plan to make a couple more blocks dedicated to him as well as several for my son. We have been married for 22 years and he is truly the love of my life. I can't imagine how or why I was so blessed to land such a catch! He is a great father to our son as well as a wonderful husband. He travels quite a bit and is in England right now which is probably why I am so gushy writing this because I miss him! He will be home on Monday.
One thing I am discovering while working on this project is that it is not as easy as I thought it was going to be. I was hoping my embroidery skills were better than they are :) The large weave linen would not be my choice again as it is difficult to draw a design on and stretches out of shape easily. I guess practice is what I need though and what better way to get it than committing to 100 squares. Hopefully there will be some improvement in my stitching before the end!

3 comments:

  1. I like the color combination . . and I like the beads and buttons.

    :o} paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing wonderfully already!.. LOVED your first square, and I love the addition of beads in this one! ~tina

    ReplyDelete